Follow us on:

Pages

Sonnen moving to light-heavyweight ?

After another unsuccessful appearances in the fight for the championship, Chael Sonnen was forced to make important business decisions. Although popular fighter does not know what will be his next career move, he is fully confident that the plan was not to appeal on a result.

"Well first off I would never appeal a loss. The referee's decision is final. Those are the rules I agreed to before the event. I agreed to play by those rules are. But no I would not appeal it. The knee hit me in the face and yes you can't hit the knee to the face, but it is the referee's call and there is no replay. I don't want that to change. I have done things in the octagon at spare of the moment also. The referee didn't say anything, so it's fair game. The knee landed where the knee landed, the result is the same and I don't dispute the results."

Ahead of both of their fights, Chael was the principal when it came to verbal arguments. Nevertheless, Sonnen stresses that in any statement made he wanted no evil intent.

- "Listen, you know that was very nice what he said [inviting him to his family BBQ] but at the end of the day I never wished Silva a bad life. I shook his hand in the ring and I wish him a good life. If I had the chance to fight him again, I would definitely take it. I am appreciative of him and of the chance he gave me to fight him again and the first time. I was very good for Anderson, but Anderson was very good for me too."

When it comes to retirement, Sonnen will leave that decision to another person.

- "Give me a couple of weeks," Sonnen said. "I'm not trying to make any claim or put myself in any corner. There's some great guys at 185. and that's not what it's about, but traditionally and historically [changing weight classes] is a very good way to get a fresh start and kind of rejuvenate your career."