Follow us on:

Pages

Henderson: Sonnen did not know about my injury!

Jones' coach accused Chael Sonnen for planned attack on Jon Jones and preparation for the match at least ten days because he knew about the injury of Dan Henderson, but Dan denied it all.

Jon Jones in recent days is under immense fire of MMA fans for his decision on the recommendation of coach Greg Jackson to refuse match against Chael Sonnen, after it became apparent that Dan Henderson will not be able to fight due to a serious injury.

To distract everyone from Jones, one of his coaches accused Sonnen to secreat prepairing for the match against Jones at least ten days because he knew about Hendovu injury, but the former champion of Strikeforce and Pride denied everything.




- "Chael didn’t know anything about it," he said. "He had definitely not been training at all. My guys told me that Greg Jackson said in an interview that Chael was down training with me and getting ready for the fight and knew I was hurt. It was nothing like that at all.. He wasn’t even down here. I asked him if he wanted to come down and help me train a couple months ago, but he didn’t come down."

- "Ultimately it was his decision not to take a fight with Chael," he said. "I don't think it’s unfair that he’s been blasted like that. All I know is, that’s not the decision I would’ve made. Obviously he has his own reasons. I can't think of any reason why I wouldn't take a fight like that. Other than being injured, if I’m healthy, in shape and ready to fight that day, it doesn't matter who they want me to fight. I'll fight, especially if I’m champ."

- "I didn’t think it was the smartest move at all for Chael to step up," he said. "Being out of shape, for Chael to take Jon Jones down would require probably a little more energy than to bounce around the cage and exchange punches with him. So I think he definitely would’ve needed a little bit more gas than sitting on the couch for six weeks would give him."